The latest Beboncool game controller is also built for windows 10 PC games. It supports a wired connection for X-input or D-input Windows PC games, and can support PC-USB gamepad functions. You are provided with both, the gamepad and clip to insert your device clips onto the gamepad, and a long Micro USB to USB cable. You are also provided with a charging cable and user manual to guide you in connecting and getting started. Compatible with devices that include the Gear VR and the Windows 10 PC games, the controller has several features suited for these devices. It’s good for a number of Android games available on Play Store because it utilises the standard gamepad protocol supported by Google.
Installing your Beboncool Xbox controller on Windows 10
- Plug the controller into any USB 2.0 or 3.0 port on the computer. If your wired controller is not detected by your PC, try plugging it into a different USB port, and test it once again.
- Windows 10 automatically installs the drivers for your controller – No need to download or install software other than Windows 10 updates.
- If your controller still does not work, check / Install any updates and then try again.
- Open a game and test your controller by pressing a button, pulling a trigger, or moving a stick
Drivers for Windows 8.1 and Windows 8 are installed by default. Plug in your controller into a USB port and the driver will install automatically. If you’re having trouble with the drivers, you can install the controller software on a Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 PC using Windows 7 compatibility mode. To do this, follow the steps given below.
Step 1: Install the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows OS
- Go to Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
- Scroll down and select Downloads. Select the version of Windows 7 that matches the processor on your computer (Windows 7 – 32-bit only / Windows 7 – 64-bit only)
- Select your language and save the file
- In the downloads location on your PC, right-click on the downloaded program and select Properties
- On the Compatibility tab, select the Run this program in compatibility mode for checkbox, and then select Windows 7 from the dropdown list
- Select Apply and OK
- Double-click the program to run it. The Xbox 360 Accessories Setup program installs the necessary files on the computer. You might be prompted to restart when finished
Step 2: Connect the Xbox 360 wired controller to your computer
Plug the controller into any USB 2.0 or 3.0 port on the PC.
Step 3: Test the controller
- Open the Game Controllers dialog box.
- Select Xbox 360 Controller, and then select Properties.
- Test your wired controller – Pressing a button/pulling a trigger/ moving a stick
- If your controller is not detected by your PC, try plugging into a different USB port, and test again
Refer to your game documentation to configure for a specific game.